Business Underwriting on GrassRoots Community Network
What is it?
Underwriting is sponsorship or financial support of GrassRoots Community Network and its programming. GrassRoots Community Network likes to recognize its supporters by offering underwriting message opportunities. These are positive promotional messages that let the viewers know you support GrassRoots Community Network. Think of it more like a public relations message than an ad. Please take a look at the Underwriting Message Content page for all the information you can include in your underwriting.
|• Video with audio and graphics||• Product placement|
|• Picture/logo and audio||• Event sponsorship|
|• Mention by a show host||• Banner at location events|
|• On set signage||• Or we can get creative|
What will it do for me?
|• It will broadcast a positive promotional message to thousands of local viewers|
|• It offers your business an undiscovered addition to your marketing mix|
What is it?
|• As a station sponsor your underwriting message will reach all GrassRoots TV12 viewers|
|• This is our most affordable video underwriting opportunity|
The on-air message can only have factual information without a direct call to action.
You Can Have:
- Logo, still photos, video of a business location or service activity
- Contact information, location, phone number, and website
- Established business slogan or tag line –
“One Name, One Team, One Focus, …You” – Chaffin & Light
- A business purpose –
“To deliver extraordinary healthcare in an environment of excellence, compassion, and trust.” - AVH
- Objective substantiated fact about your business -
“We carry K2 skis”
“The Locals Show is brought to you in part by Hair Brainz. Hair Brainz is located on Main Street in Downtown Aspen. Their phone number is 925-XXXX.”
“The Buzz on 82 is presented by Crystal River Meats, Crystal River Meats supports the Aspen Center for Physics.”
You Cannot Have:
- A call to action E.g. “Come over to see our selection!”
- Price or value information e.g. “For only $9.99 but a $23.45 value”
- Unsubstantiated superlative descriptions or qualitative claims – E.g. “the strongest building ever built”
- Direct comparisons with other companies, their products and services
- All verbal information must be factual
Not Approved Examples
“Call Chip at 925- XXXX down at Zebra’s Paintings for the lowest prices in the valley, even lower than Lowe’s”
“Wendy from PreTent would like you to check out her website at wendy@preTent.com”
For some creative examples please contact: email@example.comBack to the top
Every season GrassRoots Community Network goes on-location to bring our viewers
important action and ideas from the playing fields and lecture halls.
Listed below are a few of the on-location programs the community asks us
to capture and preserve.
All sponsors receive graphic acknowledgement at the beginning and end of the broadcast. Sporting event underwriters also receive effective announcer mentions throughout the event.
- Aspen High School
- Basalt High School
- Roaring Fork High School
- State Championship games
- Aspen Adult Recreational League games
- Youth league games
Lectures Presentations & Panel Discussions
- Aspen Center for Physics
- Aspen Science Center’s Physics Is For Kids BBQ & Lecture
- Rocky Mountain Institute Lectures & Panel Discussions
- Aspen Center for Integral Health
- ACES/Wilderness Workshop
- Aspen Global Change Institute
- Aspen Institute’s multiple lecture series containing a few of the following:
• Ideas Festival • Special Events • Architecture Series • McCloskey Speaker Series
• And more
Full Sports & Lectures Sponsorships
Our underwriters make these events possible for everyone to enjoy. Without contributors these events would only be viewable to the ticket holders. GrassRoots Community Network viewers have a deep appreciation for the sponsors who support their favorite sports and lecture.